TIPS & TRICKS
- Apples, cucumbers & carrots make a great base and sweeten the bitter veggies like kale.
- Try serving a small sip of apple juice in a cup with a straw. This shows them a small, do-able serving size and the straw helps the taste bypass some of their taste buds. Using one fruit at first keeps the taste sweet and simple.
- Take your time. We don't want to scare them off of trying new things. Make sure you prioritize emotional trust with your child and gradually increase the challenge.
- Make it fun! Be playful and give your child control. Be a role model and enjoy some yummy juice yourself! Hold the juice in front of them, allowing them to make the final move of bringing their lips to the straw or glass.
- Slowly add veggies to their fruit. Start with sweet veggies like carrots. Then evolve to small amounts of greens. Spinach is a good leafy green to start with.
- Remove junk food from your house. If it isn't available, they will need to eat eventually. Carbs and sugars make our taste buds crave more carbs and sugars. They also make veggies less appealing to our taste buds.
- If you missed this on our site earlier, watch our video about an easy way to get more fruits and veggies in your child and to help their taste buds evolve.
Visit our JuicePlus website HERE.